81.1% of our income is spent on programs and services
to support Arkansas families
OUR VISION is a world in which all persons affected by Alzheimer’s disease have the services that they need.
OUR MISSION is to provide the information and support needed so that all Arkansans affected by Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias are able to live with dignity and comfort until a cure is found.
Select this link to receive
on our upcoming
events and breaking news
201 Markham Center Drive
Little Rock, AR 72205-1409
Phone: 501-224-0021 or
Stay in contact with
After Hours Caregiver Line
Grants - Family Caregiver Support Program
Alzheimer's Arkansas Programs and Services, was awarded funds
from the Older Americans Act, National Family Caregiver Support
Program Title IIIE. This funding is part of a multi-faceted grant
originally awarded to CareLink (the Central Arkansas Area Agency on
Aging) in February, 2002. CareLink passed the In-Home or
Institutional Respite Services portion of their grant to Alzheimer's
Arkansas for distribution throughout CareLink's 6 county area.
How much is the grant?
The grant is $500.00 per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30). Grants are
limited to funds available. You have 90 days from your approval date to
use the grant, or you will lose it.
How can I use the grant?
To pay for:
- In-home care
- Adult day care
- Temporary, short-term care in a nursing home or assisted living
According to the guidelines, respite services are defined as
temporary, substitute supports or living arrangements to provide a brief
period of relief or rest for caregivers. It can be in the form of
in-home respite, adult day care respite, or facility services for an
overnight stay on an intermittent, occasional or emergency basis.
This grant is not just for caregivers of persons with Alzheimer’s
disease. It is for any caregiver of a loved one with ANY chronic
illness who meets the following requirements:
- Patient must be 60 years of age or older.
- Patient must live in Pulaski, Saline, Prairie, Lonoke, Faulkner,
or Monroe County.
- The patient must not receive the same type of services funded by
other sources including private insurance, Medicaid, Hospice,
ElderChoices, Supplemental Security Income, or Medicare.
- Respite services must be received after approval of the
- The patient must have a documented need for caregiver services
(not limited to a dementia diagnosis).
- The amount of financial assistance that is given to one family
is $500.00 per fiscal year.
How can I apply?
- Call Alzheimer’s Arkansas and ask for a “Family Caregiver
Support Grant Application” or download the form. Click here to
download the form (PDF).
- Complete the form, including a doctor’s signature, and return it
to Alzheimer’s Arkansas.
- The application will be reviewed and you will receive an
approval letter. The grant will NOT pay for services before
the approval date.
- Each time you use a services, you will send us the charges on a
form that we provide. If you have used an agency, they can bill us
- Alzheimer’s Arkansas will then send a check to you or to the
person or agency who provided the care
For more information about this program, please contact our office
(501) 224-0021 or (800) 689-6090.
Back to Grants